Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cleaning Out The Closet

Hi everyone! So in my last post about "declutterfication", I showed you how I cleared out our linen closet HERE. I mentioned that I tackled my own closet and now I have the pictures to prove it.

Here's the before:


Whoa Nelly. 

In the place we live I actually have my very own closet. It's kind of weird not having to share. (I guess that means I have no one to blame but myself for it to look like this....)

After:



At the top of the closet there are 2 really big shelves to use. I lined up all of my scrapbooks on one of them and then had room for my camera bag. On the second one I have 2 boxes of older photos and 2 canvas baskets that I've put tank tops and plain colored long sleeved shirts.

On the beautiful carpeted floor (that I can now see) I tucked a trunk that I had on one side that has out of season clothes in it. On the other side is a rolling cart with some extra scrapbooking goodies.

Again, some tips for this are the same for our linen closet. It actually didn't take me long once I went through the clothes. That's the hardest part for me. Actually I haven't even got rid of some of the clothes that I need to yet. I did a first pass through by just grabbing anything that I wouldn't wear. Either I didn't like it anymore,  or it had a stain or hole in it. I still haven't gone for the second pass through. That's the one wear I'm going to get rid of anything that doesn't fit. I haven't been able to get myself to do that because for some reason it is just too hard to do right now. Ugh 

So anyways, get those closets cleaned out! 

Work in progress I guess. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment